The South Blacksburg Transportation Task Force has completed their charge and develop recommendations to address future transportation needs in the South Blacksburg area extending from Downtown to the southern Town limits. The Task Force was directed to look at all modes of transportation and make recommendation on how to improve the transportation network. The Task Force has now completed work on final Recommendations to Town Council.
The Task Force presented their recommendations to the Town Council in a Work Session on December 21, 2010 and at a regular Town Council meeting on February 22, 2011. The Final Executive Summary and Final Report, both dated December 2010 are provided below.
- Final Executive Summary, December 2010
- Final Report, December 2010
- Executive Summary November 2010
- Report and Recommendations November 2010
- Attachment A – Task Force Charge
- Attachment B – Meeting Date and Information Topics
- Attachment C – History of Traffic Studies and Recommendations 1960s to Present
- Attachment D – Information on Hubbard Street Extension Proposals
- Letter to MPO requesting Traffic Modeling
- Traffic Modeling Report
- Attachment G – Path to the Future Bikeway Greenway Master Plan